This is sort of a random post, but my absolute favourite products to look for are lip balms. Lip balms relieve chapped lips, prevent flakiness and dryness, and sometimes offer sun protection. A lot of people don’t give as much TLC to their lips as they should, especially in the cold, dry winter months, and lip balm is an easy way to give your lips the much needed moisture and care they need. So, here are some of my favourite lip balms/treatments!
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 (C $26.00, Sephora)- This lip treatment is amazing. It has a fresh lemony-sugary scent, gently exfoliates the lips as it hydrates them, and comes in a clear balm as well as tinted ones (my favourite tint is Rose). This product works well even in the winter, contains sun protection (although they might have taken it out of the formula recently for Canadians… not sure) and just feels luxurious on the lips. The finish is slightly glossy (but not overly sticky) and the tinted ones are great for a natural look.
- Nivea Lip Smoothie (around C $3.00, Walmart)- This lip “smoothie” has the best smell ever! I have the Cranberry & Raspberry flavour, and it smells sort of like Raspberry Campino candies… yummmm. It moisturizes the lips well and is enriched with vitamin E, C, and B5. The finish is nice and natural. If you’re a fruity-smell lover like me, this product has got to be a staple in your purse!
- Vaseline (C $3.00, Well.ca)- Good ol’ Vaseline is my favourite overnight lip moisturizer. Petroleum jelly is a great moisturizer for lips, as well as other dry areas on the body, like elbows and knees. I wouldn’t recommend wearing this during the day, as the finish is extremely glossy and the jelly would enhance the sun’s effects on your lips (bad bad bad bad bad) but if your lips are dry and cracked before bed, try Vaseline. It’s really cheap and is a multifunctional moisturizer, so you really can’t go wrong. Even putting on your favourite hydrating lip balm then putting Vaseline on top will make your balm work more effectively overnight! Give it a try.
- Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil (C $4.89, Burtsbees.ca)- I was heartbroken when I lost this amazing lip balm. This was my go-to lip balm for almost four years! I found this balm is a great one for dry lips in the summer months. It is 100% natural, which I love about the Burt’s Bees brand, and the pomegranate oil (an antioxidant- super good!) just adds to the awesome of this balm. The finish is natural with a hint of red tint, suiting any lip color!
- eos Lip Balm (C $4.39, Well.ca)- I see people (even guys) using this lip balm everywhere I go. And that is a truly wonderful thing! The eos lip balm has sort of an egg shape to it, making it unique, but also sort of hard to fit in your jeans pocket (literally the only downside to it, haha). The formula is wonderfully smooth on the lips, you can apply it however you like, and it comes in many different flavours and colors. A charming and cute lip balm! My favourite flavours are Sweet Mint and Summer Fruit.
What’s your favourite go-to lip balm? Do you give your lips the TLC they deserve? Let me know! xx